Thursday, December 11, 2008

Doordarshan Zindabad :)

Does anyone remember this good old serial on Doordarshan called " FAUJI" :) that was telecast some 20 yrs ago :) Yep, I know that would bring a smile onto the lips of atleast some of u old timers who managed to have a glimpse of King Khan in his first avatar....Abhimanyu Rai !!!:)

There was some interview being aired by CNN-IBN today and as Shahrukh spoke, I felt a flash of the dude - Abhimanyu Rai( the young hero of Fauji, on whom most of the gals went GaGa at that time) appear on the screen and it brought back memories :) .. Trust me we used to speak only about Shahrukh in the school on thursdays :) what lovely days of fun we had waiting for the wednesday - 9 pm .. dutifully looking forward for the one & only Doordarshan... :) just to check out Fauji .....Hmmmm.. and now it takes me back to all the other serials which were part & parcel of our peaceful lives ... if any one of u can recollect, it would be great to compile a list :) atleast for the sake of our kids :)


Guess this is one of my happy posts.. I see a lot of nice smileys :) Doordarshan Zindabad !!!

6 comments:

How do we know said...

i second you.... Hail Doordarshan

Tanvi said...

I have never watched Fauji.....Never been into TV serials.

But I remember when I was in 4th grade, my classmates used to talk about 'Shanti'. It was a real popular soap at that time.

The good old Doordarshan has seen golden days for decades, i guess.

Horatio said...

yes, cant agree more!
boemkesh bakshi malgudi days and surabi and mriganayani and oshin were quite amazing. Yea left out mahabaratha... then the revolution happened and there was stuff like aalif laila and reporter were amazing as well.

Who can forget the regional films shown as well every sunday.

Those were the days. Quality of content

Maddening Silences said...

HDWK - Good u relate to this..

Tanvi - I am sure came little late into the Doordarshan forum, but trust me it was fun... yeah, i know, Shanti was quite popular, but by that time, DD was almost getting into the battles with other channels

Horatio - Yep, amazing serials.. I remember Oshin too :) and before Mahabharat, it was Ramayan .. Its like u still remember Arun Govil & Deepika and most of the names of ppl who played eternal charecters :)

and who can forget chitrahaar.. our only connection to uptodate Bollywood :)

~G said...

Does anybody remember "Kashish" starring Malvika Tiwari and Sudesh Bedi?

Maddening Silences said...

Yeah Ofcourse.. it was a cool one.. and Sudesh was like super hit around that time :)